(800) 259-0508

facebook buttons twitter buttons youtube buttons                        

Disclaimer: Law change, consult an attorney for updates.

Change of Domicile

Usually a parent cannot move more than 100 miles or out of the state without court permission.

The relevant statute is MCLA 722.31. Before permitting a legal residence change the court shall consider each of the following factors:

  1. Whether the legal residence change has the capacity to improve the quality of life for both the child and the relocating parent.

  2. The Good Faith of the Parties.

  3. Protection of the Parent Child Relationship.

  4. The Financial Impact

  5. Domestic Violence

To help ease the stress of choosing the attorney best for you, we offer a free 15 minute consultation.  Call Van Epps & Van Epps today at (989) 723-6777, or complete the contact form provided on this site to arrange for your free consultation.

Contact us for your free consultation today.

Typical Divorce Procedure - Child Custody - Change of Domicile - Alimony